Essay writing demands inspiration
How To Create An Outline When Writing An Essay
What is the general format for writing a good essay?
- · The writer should ensure to select a good topic that is compelling and interesting to both the reader and the writer.
- · An essay is normally between three paragraphs and nine paragraphs long.
- · The essay is normally formatted like this:
· The essay should always have a beginning and ending.
· The writer of the essay should write at least one rough draft of the essay, before writing the final copy.
· It is advisable to review and check the rough draft and final copy for errors in spelling, sentence structure, and grammar.
· The essay should be double spaced, typed in 12 Point Roman Font, and all paragraphs should be indented.
· It is always good to do an outline of the topic, thesis statement, and main points before writing the essay.
· The essay should be no more than five pages long.
- 1. Introduction: states the topic, main points of the topic, and thesis statement (always the last sentence of paragraph).
- 2. Body: ranges from three paragraphs to seven paragraphs. Each main point of the topic is a separate paragraph in the Body.
- 3. Conclusion: rephrases the thesis statement, summarizes the main points, and wraps up the essay.
How to create an outline before writing the essay?
- · The outline should be no more than 3 pages long.
- · The outline should include at least three sections.
- · The sections of the outline should be the following:
· The Introduction will include the topic and thesis statement.
· The Body will have the main points of the topic.
· Conclusion will summarize the other two sections (Introduction and Body).
· The outline will have Roman Numerals (I, II, III, etc.) for the Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
· It will have capitalized letters (A, B, C, etc.) for the main points in the Body section.
· It will have numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) for the supporting facts and supporting evidence of the main points
- 1. Introduction;
- 2. Body (one section to seven sections); and
- 3. Conclusion.
What is the main purpose for doing an outline before writing the essay?
- · The outline will give the writer, of the essay, a roadmap on how the essay should be organized and written.
- · The outline will help the writer determine whether or not the topic is worth the time and energy to research and write about.
- · The outline helps the writer to determine the appropriate approach on how to research the topic and write the essay.
© EducatedPalestinian.com. All rights reserved. | improve your academic writing skills