Coming Up With A Thought-Provoking Essay Topic On Beauty: 11 Ideas
If you are a college student given to write a thought-proving paper on beauty, you may ponder about which topic to choose. Well, if it’s about beauty, there are thousands of topics on beauty you can write on. From literature to cinema, from healthcare to fashion, ‘beauty’ as a topic has found place in many discourses. Here are eleven topic ideas handpicked for you.
‘Beauty’ as a word is ambiguous in implication and it actually encompasses many things. From nature’s beauty to our perception of beautiful people, it can be defined in numerous ways. The eleven topics suggested here only encompass a few of the popular discourses.
- A critical analysis of Confucius’ thought on ‘beauty’
- Beauty in ordinary things: beauty floating around us
- Do beauty and happiness always go hand in hand?
- The inherent relation between antiquity and beauty
- Why do people yearn for beauty almost always?
- Evolution of beauty: From 1800s till the present age
- Can beauty save the world: Analysis of Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s statement
- How the fashion world and the mainstream media mould the notions of beauty
- Destructive beauty: Analyzing the cases where beauty became a curse
- Are our notions of beauty confined within the preconceptions of skin tone and colour
- Beauty in classic literature: A comparative analysis
Still couldn’t find a topic to write on?
If you are still in a dilemma about which ‘beauty’ topic to focus your essay on, here are some tips that can help you choose a better or more relevant topic.
- Watch movies that explore the dual meanings of ‘beauty’: From ‘The Beautiful Mind’ to ‘The American Beauty’, beauty has been explored and refined by many stalwarts in the cinema industry. You can take a cue from these movies and start writing your essay.
- Grow a habit of reading literature: If you are not much of a habitual reader, it’s time for you to spend some hours at the library. You can start with ‘Ode on a Grecian Urn’ by John Keats and start analyzing perhaps his most famous quote: “Beauty is Truth”.
- Ask your mentors and friends: One easy way to get brilliant article topics is to ask mentors and fellow students. You can then get a feel of how topics are chosen.
If everything else fails, you can just visit an academic writing agency website and ask for relevant samples from them. That should be your last recourse.