Tips On How To Choose A Fitting Essay Format
Essays can be tricky especially if you have no idea on where to even start. Formatting is crucial in a good solid essay. When writing an essay it helps to have structure in thought, imagination and a little creativity. Two solid things to remember when writing is the most important parts of the essay are structure and content. Obviously structure is where formatting your essay comes in and content is what you will be writing to adhere to that format.
Simple Essay Formatting Guidelines
Key formatting guidelines to stick to are:
- 1. Your margins, spacing and Font Size
- 2. Margins: are always 1 inch from the top, bottom and the sides of your page.
- 3. Spacing: Each line must be double spaced; especially when making your final draft.
- 4. Font: Most and every professor or teacher will expect Times New Roman unless specified otherwise; your font size should be 12.
- 5. Headings: will always start with the top left corner of your page and be sure to set you indentation as left justified.
- 6. Content: make an outline and plan out your paragraphs before starting. One thing to always remember is to be clear and concise in your writing. Academically misdirection and rambling aren’t always enjoyed and are seldom ever enjoyed.
Example Content Format
Start with a snazzy title to catch the reader’s attention:
- - Title: Being Blue a Blue Bird Essay
- - First Paragraph: A Strong Introduction; Maybe a thesis in there to the effect about why blue birds are blue. v
- - Second Paragraph: Analyze and the reasons why a blue bird is blue.
- - Third Paragraph: Go into more elaborate detail and talk about who first discovered why blue birds are blue.
- - Fourth Paragraph: Is being blue a problem for the blue birds? Why or why not? Analyze. v
- - Fifth Paragraph: Have a strong close and don’t start the paragraph with “In conclusion…” Rehash your thesis and maybe add a funny blue bird fact for entertainment value.
Keep in mind this is only example and your imagination is your only limiter and always stay within the essay formatting guidelines. Most academic professionals will take one look at an unformatted essay and just toss it aside. People are naturally busy and who wants to try to sort their way through an unformatted essay or even has the time to do such a thing. Make sure your title stays relevant to the topic you are discussing.